Sunday 14 October 2012

Smile and the World Will Smile With You

Hello all!!

Lately, I have been noticing how little people smile and laugh. So rarely, do I hear laughter on a bus, train, supermarket, on the street.
We get so busy and so preoccupied with life, we forget to look at life and things around us with a bit of humour.

This weekend, I have been lucky to spend most of my time with people I love and people that make me happy. And above all, they know how to smile and laugh. 

When was the last time you had a belly laugh? How often do you smile at a stranger on the street or a cashier at the supermarket?
I make a point of smiling at and talking to people I don't know, on a daily basis. Sure, sometimes, the reaction is that of puzzlement, but most of the time, 99% of the time, I get a smile back from them. For some reason, this makes me feel happy.

So, apart from my friends making me smile this weekend, this guy in Brixton Village also did:


So, here are two proverbs to set you for the week:

"If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy."

"Most smiles are started by another smile."

So, who are you going to make smile or laugh this week? 

Call a friend you haven't spoken to in a while and make them smile? Smile at a passer by on the street? Let someone get on the train before you? Tell someone something nice that happened to you? Buy someone flowers? Anything, just make sure you make someone smile, even if just for a second. 

Have a happy week everyone.

Red xx

3 comments:

Magical Daydream said...

great post! It makes me want to smile at more people! I really need to pay attention to this, because when I am not thinking about it, I often look quite serious. It's not how I want to come across though, but I really need to make an effort to consciously smile at strangers more. thanks for the reminder :)

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

Oh I get to smile (and often laugh) pretty much every day... People in our little town are very friendly and it's very normal to say good morning to each other every day. It took me a few weeks to break the ice with them, but since I have a super adorable dog it makes things easier. :)

x

Fifi said...

Z you are very kindly spreading smiles by writing such a great post; it made me smile! When a stranger smiles at me, I instantly feel better and I try to spread positivity wherever I am by smiling at people and using manners. i hope you are having a good week, Fifi xxx