Wednesday 7 December 2011

Christmas at Selfridges

Hello all!!

As I mentioned a few weeks ago I wondered into Oxford Street and on the way to a shop or two I took a few pictures of the window displays. 
It is somewhat of a tradition to go and see how Hamleys and Selfridges decorate their Christmas windows.
Over the years Selfridges created a number of stylish, different wonderlands. This year they opted for a more sombre look. Maybe they are responding to the recession. For my international friends, here is how the windows look like this winter.








So, there is yourtour of Selfirdges' Chirstmas. How do the windows look like in your part of the world?

Red xx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh pretty! Thanks for sharing the windows! Love Selfridges!

xo Mary Jo

Fifi said...

Amazing as usual. I want to be back there so much! I hope all is going really well. I have two more days until summer holidays and am so tired. Report cards nearly killed me. Am sure you are close to Christmas holidays and counting down. Loving the updates of what you are getting up to. I loved the post about the dolls, Fifi xo

Diane said...

That is gorgeous. I have hardly been out so I have no idea what the shop windows are like here :(( Diane

Anonymous said...

Great post as allways, love it. Thank you for sharing.
The shop windows arround here are very simple and old fashiond, not imaginative at all, but the athmosphere in festive and nice.
xx

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Red:
When we lived in London, the window displays at Selfridges and Fortnum and Mason were a source of endless fascination and delight. It has been fun to look at the images you show here and reminisce.

In Budapest, away from the main shopping boulevards, shop windows are basically unchanged from any other time of year or, indeed, from the 1950s which is when they appear to have been last dressed!!

Amazingly Beautiful by Isa Malago said...

So mad I didnt get a chance to go check it out! Amazing pictures

follow me :)
www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com

xox,
Isa