Wednesday 21 December 2011

Xmas in London

Hello all!!

I don't know what is with me this year, but I seem to love crowds! I keep going back to central London, enjoying window shopping and people watching. For some reason, I don't seem to be bothered by pushing and elbowing. That's the only way you can go through London. If you want to get from A to B, being overly polite is just not going to get you anywhere. 

And so yesterday, my starting point was Covent Garden, then the good old Soho and final destination, Oxford Street's Top Shop
I took lots of great pictures, capturing Xmas in London. Come back in the next few days too, I'll post some more Xmas moments and windows.

Let's start with this beauty. It made me smile (click to enlarge):


These next few pictures are from a shop in Covent Garden called Give Colourfully. Never been in there before, and for some reason never even noticed it. However, they have the best Xmas windows this year, in my humble opinion. I stood for good 5 minutes looking, taking pictures and observing people. 
 




Great idea, don't you think? I now want a small cardborad box TV in my house too.

I fell in love with these shoes (the same shop), and as I was trying to take a good shot of them, this man in the background got my attention. He is in a different world clearly, waiting whilst his companion is spending money.


And here are the shoes. I didn't dare go in to see how much they cost.


Stay tuned, I'll be posting more Xmas pics. I only wish I could bring you the smells and the sounds too. As I was going through Soho, I heard a song about Jesus blarring out of one of the sex shops. I don't think comment is need for that :-)


Enjoy Xmas colours wherever you are.


Red xx

10 comments:

Fatima said...

I love the colors, smells, and everything about Christmas and winter in general. December is so charming! Lovely photos you have there!

Boye By Red said...

Hvala Fatima :-)

Emina said...

JAO London! Do give us more photos ! :D sanjam taj grad.. mogu samo da zamislim kako je divan u prazničnom ruhu :D

Anonymous said...

The last photo is a winner. Stripes on stripes. Great!
I wish I was there.
Enjoy.
xx

Boye By Red said...

Ćao Emina, dobro si pogodila, London je baš super u ovo doba godine, gdje god se okreneš ima decorations!

Hey Anon- i wish you were here. I didn't even notice stripes on stripes. Trust you to see that :-) xx

Alexa said...

Love the colors! Wish I was in London for Christmas!

Big Tavel Adventure said...

i'll have a hot chocolate and a fresh dough-nut.
love xx

Boye By Red said...

Ha ha big traveller, it sounds delicious xx

Selma Selimovic said...

Blago tebi ti možeš uživati u Londonu tokom praznika.
Ja sam bila dva puta, ali u martu, pa ne znam kako izgleda oko Nove Godine i Božića... vidim po tvojim slikama da su izlozi divni :)

Unknown said...

Ah love those fabulous green shoes!!! So cool and you were smart not to go in the store. I can't wait to feel better so I can get out on the streets and walk around.

Wishing you the merriest of holidays!

xo Mary Jo