Thursday 29 December 2011

Ghostly Brixton Vilalge

Hello all!!

I had a few errands to run in Brixton today, and surprisingly, I saw Brixton that I very rarely see. Well, no, I lie. Brixton was buzzing with people as usual, but Brixton Village was unusually sleepy. All trendy shops, bars and cafes were closed. Grocers, fishmongers, and other local traders that have been here for years and years, were as usual hard at work.



And no matter what else is happening, Patsy is always hard at work :-)
 

And these two were my favourite finds in the ghostly village today:



I sat across from these three guys and eavesdropped on their conversation (subtly though. I was pretending to read my book). They were discussing recession and then started rapping about the issues. Politically, I agreed with them entirely! Picture is a little blurry, but I think I like it like that.


After the impromptu performance I got myself a dinner from a local shop. Chicken pattie. I've been very lazy to cook these days. While everyone else is being gluttons over the holidays, I seem to be eating very little. So, here is my treat. Not healthy at all, but certainly yummy.


My last stop was the flower stall in front of the station. I need to go into the new year with colour, style and my favourite flowers.


Now off to eat my pattie and start on a new book. Not sure what to start first, Toni Morrison's A Mercy or Haruki Murakami's A Wild Sheep Chase. I might close my eyes, point and chose.

Have a lovely evening everyone. If you are not partying, I hope you have a good book and good food to enjoy.

Red xx

2 comments:

Big Tavel Adventure said...

Perfect post.
Colourful and great day.
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I got Madame Bovary for Christmas, I can't wait to curl up with it.
Have a wonderful 2012!